By uploading a basic set of POS product information, you can direct your website to automatically create new products for you. Using product data points such as established barcodes (UPC, EAN or ISBN barcodes) and/or Vendor SKUs, STN can also populate product details with available data from the STN Product Database.
Coordinate with your Project Manager to determine the best method for feeding POS data to the PDBHub. In general, we will need to following POS data points uploaded:
- POS Item Number
- Item Name
- Product Barcode(s): UPC, ISBN, and/or EAN
- Vendor Name and/or Brand Name
- Vendor/Mfg SKU
- Product Sell Price
On a nightly basis, PDBHUb system will perform matchup services and then create new website products for you, based upon available data. The products will be generated according to the following rules:
- Only Items that are In-Stock will be generated (by default, QOH > 0)
- Only Items where the POS Item Number does not yet exist on the website will be created
- All New products will be assigned to a special category so you can easily find them
- All New products will be created in a Unpublished state, so you can review them prior the them being sold online
- Products with No Images will be created with a -100 ranking value so that they will be shown last to shoppers; or you may choose not to have said products created in the first place.
- You will be emailed with summary results on any day when new items were added to your website
How to Activate the New Items
- Login to your website administrator interface
- In the Product In-Line Editor, filter your products using category Name “Items Added from PDBHub”
- Update Category Assignments for all items you intend to activate (assign to correct categories and unassign from Items Added from PDBHub.)
- Publish the Items
There is a onetime setup cost of $175 (covers up to 2.5 hrs of setup time), plus a monthly cost of $4.95/per store location, to use this service.