Please refer to the following for help in setting up email accounts on mail clients such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Mail, Gmail or Yahoo.
Our mail server supports SSL or TLS secure connections. Please see below for the correct connection settings.
General Server Settings
- Account: email@example.com (substitute supplied details)
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (full e-mail address – same as account. all lowercase!)
- Password: _________ (substitute supplied details, case sensitive!)
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.stnhost.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.stnhost.com
- Incoming Server (POP3):
port 995 (SSL) Normal password / OR /
port 110 (STARTTLS or TLS) Encrypted password
- Incoming Server (IMAP):
port 993 (SSL) Encrypted password / OR /
port 143 (STARTTLS or TLS) Encrypted password
- Outgoing Server (SMTP):
port 465 (SSL) Encrypted password / OR /
port 587 (STARTTLS or TLS) Normal password
As there are a multitude of email clients/versions, we don’t supply specific details for any email client. Please google for your specific client “add an email account in Outlook 2020” or “add an email account on my iphone” for example. The connection settings above will work for all these services.
Types of Connections: see: Email Protocols