If you find you need to resend an Order confirmation to a customer (say they call and can’t find a copy), there’s not a simple one-click solution, but there are a few options that will work for this purpose:
option 1) Send them an order status note
Use the Order Status system to send them a quick note. In the email they receive, they will also get a link to login to the website to view their full order.
option 2) Send them an email with a copy of the order details
the order details below were generated by copy/pasting from the PDF print preview page:
- start a new email to the customer in your email application of choice (eg: webmail)
- type in any opening remarks to the customer
then from order list, click the PRINT icon for the packing slip
then click-drag to select all content, and right-click to copy
- then paste this into the body of your email application, and send
option 3) Send them an email with a copy of the order details attached as a PDF
- write an email to the customer in your email application of choice (eg: webmail)
- from order list, click the PRINT icon for the packing slip, and print a PDF copy to your local hard drive
then attach this PDF file to the email you are sending
If the customer checked out normally (not in guest checkout mode), you can also direct them to login to their account on your website to see their order history. In most cases, you will have a “Your Account” link up in the top-right of your website where the customers can login.